Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Around the Neck

Time: 63:32
Distance: 13.80k
Pace: 4:36
Map

Started off the week with a loop around the Marblehead neck. The body was feeling pretty good despite the 2+ hour long run yesterday. I was in bed around 8:30 PM last night because I'm lame like that now.

The big excitement of the day would come early in the afternoon with my attempts to get the Karhu North America office fired up about NCAA XC Championships. There was no way that I would be missing the races. It wasn't quite as fun as being there in person as was the case two years ago, but Meagan and I pulled up the feed to watch both races. I was impressed with L. Lalang's move around 4k and S. Reid's finishing kick the final 50m. I wished the Oklahoma men had placed higher than 6th place as I picked them to surprise some people in the Letsrun.com polls. There was also a great performance by Abby D'Agostino of Dartmouth (yay Ivy League) who placed 3rd behind Reid and J. Hasay of Oregon. I also have to give a shout out to Dan Lowry of Brown who is taking home All-American honors with a 28th place finish. Congrats!

No comments: