Thursday, August 13, 2009

All Caught Up in Charlotte

Time: 59:44
Distance: 9.01 miles
Pace: 6:38
Map

This is my last morning in Charlotte for about 3 weeks as I head back to Norman until the Brookhaven Run. I had planned to run with Meagan for 5 miles and then would put in another 5, but her hip was not going to cooperate. She had a visible limp during the first few seconds of the run and decided to not press any further. Smart move.

I ran from the apartment along Sugar Creek and up to Queens. I made a bunch of random loops through the neighborhood streets until I reached 8 miles. After a quick calculation I decided to race to 9 miles or 60:00 minutes, whichever came first. I think I had to run 5:49 for the last mile in order to hit the goal and I managed a 5:45. The legs felt great this morning, but it helped that I was wearing Lunar Racers as my Lunar Trainers are still soaking wet with sweat.

No comments: