Monday, August 10, 2009

Upon Arrival...

Time: 60:02
Distance: ~8.5 miles

Upon arrival to the Queen City I got locked in a bathroom. Yup. It's true. After a long drive and many cups of coffee I had to use the facilities at the aforementioned athletic complex. There were easily accessible restrooms just off the main lobby which I took great pleasure in using. When I was all ready to leave I discovered that there was a code in order to get out. A few good tugs on the door did me no good so I headed in the other direction of the bathroom. The doors opposite the way I entered left me outside on the main field where guess what... the doors were also locked. I knew I wasn't supposed to be on the main field side of the building so that didn't help my efforts. After a few minutes of wondering I found myself back in the bathroom hoping for the best. Fortunately, a coach was in there washing his hands and I told him that "it appears as though I am locked in here. How do you get out?"

"You need a code to get out." (Okay, that's great fucktard. Let me out). "Are you a student-athlete."

"No. I just dropped my girlfriend off."

"Okay. One moment." (You gotta be shitting me. There is a code to get out of the bathroom, but no code to get in? What moron decided to create such a backwards facility? Banks, jewelery stores and private homes usually try to keep you out with locks, bars, lasers, and cameras, it's not the other way around. What's the point of trapping you inside? Stupid. I wasn't stealing gold bullion, Rolex watches or paintings, I was simply urinating. Such a crime.

I ran for 60 minutes after being freed from the bathroom through the streets of Charlotte. My legs are still sore from the drive and workout on Weds. I really need to do something to get the calves to recover.

PS. I saw the code as it was punched in. Suckah!

1 comment:

Jilane said...

I'm still trying to really comprehend this system. I can't.

Then again, this is the institution that hired Jeff...