Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 642:01
Distance: 94.59 miles

Damn, look at all those miles. When/how did that happen? I guess when you have nothing to do in Charlotte, you might as well run. I got in a few heavy days of mileage to frontload the week which is why the mileage is so high this week. I'm feeling pretty good about my strength and aerobic fitness, but I know that this next week it's time to do some pace work on the track. I have missed some track workouts due to travel these last two weeks. I'm not concerned about it but if I want to run my best, I know that I'll have to put in some quicker work.

Who watched the Bolt v. Gay matchup? Simply unbelievable. I got nervous with excitement before the gun went off and then jumped out of my chair when I saw the clock stop at 9.58. Earlier in the afternoon I was chatting with Owen and predicted Bolt over Gay in 9.62 to 9.75. I guess I that is a pretty good guess, but for them to actually run 9.58 and 9.71 is off the charts. Remember when 9.8 was good?


No comments: