Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Needing to Run Easy

Time: 61:33
Distance: 8.08 miles
Pace: 7:36
Map

I was out on the roads this morning with Scott Cooper and Tony Clement, two OU track athletes. School starts in a few days and the athletes are filtering in from around the country. We took a horrible route up to the GT using Berry Rd. I'm not sure why but these two didn't seem to know the side streets that are much quieter. They were also content to jog on the sidewalk. The pace was really slow and it sounded like neither of them got much sleep, but that's not a great excuse. I got to bed late due to the workout and my back isn't appreciating things. My lower calves are tight as well and I'm not sure if stretching is going to help. I need to use my massage stick several times today in hopes of breaking up the garbage.

No comments: