Saturday, August 15, 2009

St. Jude Training Group

Time: 70:26
Distance: 10.07 miles
Pace: 6:59
Map

OK Runner and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital are pairing this fall for an effort to take a group to the Memphis Marathon. This morning was the first of a 16 week start to a training group that will meet from the store at 6:30 am. I was up early and out the door to meet up with all the other early risers. It was a great sight to see that Adam Cohen decided to join us for the run as I would have someone to run with. Adam and I ran through the neighborhood out to Tecumseh and then down to the flats. The pace was casual which is what I needed after yesterday's higher mileage effort.

Adam is currently writing an article for Runner's World that will conclude with his race at the Chicago Marathon. He is following the Hanson's training program which might not be for everyone but I think it will work for him. The longest run that will be completed is only 16 miles but the cumulative fatigued is viewed as being a more important factor. Adam is usually good for a 2:40 to 2:45 effort any day of the week, but I would put money down that he runs closer to 2:36 at Chicago based on his current workouts. I'll be sure to stay tuned as to how he performs in a few weeks.

No comments: