Monday, August 31, 2009

Loving the Cooler Temps

Time: 51:13
Distance: 8.05 miles
Pace: 6:21
Map

It was a perfect evening for a jog as the temperature topped out at about 75 today. I ran from the apartment to Freedom Park to start and then I went off in search of Latta Park. I made a bit of a mistake of running too long before the exploration part. I knew the general direction of Latta Park but not exactly where it was and when I set off in search I was already at 5+ miles. I was needing to head back in the direction of Queens' campus so I spun through the medical center campus and returned to familiar territory.

I felt great out there this evening. The pace was clipping along with little effort and I attribute it to the cooler weather. There is a huge difference when the humidity isn't preventing the body from cooling off. I hit splits of: 7:12, 6:40, 6:29, 6:19, 6:13, 6:02, 5:56, 5:59.

No comments: