Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Extra Miles and the Pool

Time: 42:02
Distance: ~6 miles
Pool: 15 minutes

This afternoon I tagged along for some meetings with Meagan and the Queens team. When all was said and done we laced up the boots and went for a jog on the "Booty Loop." I think it gets its name from the bankers wives who have nothing better to do at 2 pm in the afternoon than go for a jog around a standard ~3 mile loop. I added on a few extra miles before calling it a day, or so I thought. When I got back to the parking lot the team was loading up and heading over to the aquatic center for some aqua jogging. Since I have been hanging out all week with the team I figured that I could use some easy minutes in the water. I spent about 15 minutes in the drink before calling it a session. It felt good to get in the pool and loosen up the legs. My calves definitely appreciated the extra few moments of motion without weight bearing.

No comments: