Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bobkitten

Time: 90:07
Distance: 12.36 miles
Map

It's freezing!!! How cold is it? When I woke up after a late night spent at the OK Runner holiday party, the intertubes (term used by Tarpy for the Internet) told me it was 9 degrees out with a wind of 12-15 mph and a real feel of -6. Normally I would have gone back to bed but earlier in the week I had scheduled a group run from the Duck Pond. I knew not many people were going to be there, but one hardcore Normanite would certainly be in attendance.

I rolled up to the Duck Pond a couple minutes past 8:00 am and wasn't surprised to see Carrot Top awaiting my arrival. He had done a little research about what to wear in temperatures this low and his costume this morning was great. The rig around his face was a little funny looking albeit useful for staying warm, but I'm sure it was a little intimidating to the clerk when we stopped a couple times for pitstops. He easily could have been mistaken for a robber, however, he might have had a difficult time actually doing the robbing part. His hands were in gloves and the gloves were covered with tube socks. I'm sure his hands were much warmer than mine along the stretch running north directly into the wind, but I could have nick'd the 7-11s much quicker.

My biggest complaint about the run was how cold my hands and face were running east along Cedar Lane and back north on 48th. The two mile stretch going north was not fun at any point. Luckily the legs were feeling good because the pace was light and I was breathing comfortably. I normally run out to 60th but today I didn't want to be outside so I turned the run early on 48th St. This run is called Bobcat and is one of the few orginal named runs in Norman. Carrot Top chose to name this version Bobcat because it is a shorter version of the two.

1 comment:

Tarpy said...

internet tubes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s84CwjsSHhs&NR=1