Monday, December 22, 2008

Packing It Up

Time: 63:xx?
Distance: 10.01 miles
Pace: ??
Splits: Garmin should slit its wrists

It was a cold final morning here in Norman but I was ready to put in some good running. I was feeling refreshed after a few days of relaxed running. I was tempted to really squeeze the pace before heading out the door but I knew the air temp was hovering around 15 degrees and I didn't want to risk it. I wore half-tights, oxysocks and a few layers up top which all worked out well for the run. Somehow Mr. Garmin lost all of my splits during my flight from OKC to DFW and SFO (I'm currently posting from Andrew Kadar's and Read Wellman's pad in San Francisco). I didn't get the chance to write down all of my splits but in the brief moment I took to look at them I noticed each mile was a little faster than the previous. I didn't intentionally drop the pace during the run but the leg muscles warmed up to the point that I could turn them over well. I think I started out around 7:28 for the first mile which is quicker than my normal starting miles and I clipped off 5:53 and 5:44 for the final two miles.

The course took me from Campus Lodge out to the GT and on towards the store. My shoe came untied so I took the time to tie it and warm up a bit in Starbucks. I was only a little past the 6 mile mark at that point and I had to find another 4 miles on the way to the house/family that Scotty D is dog-sitting for. I ran through the neighborhood to Main St., down the hill to 48th and looped around the Cambridge housing development. I had never run down there before and probably won't do so again soon. However, the neighborhood was quiet on the course I took through it and I was able to run a bit faster. I was glad to be done because the temps were finally starting to penetrate the clothes.

The old apartment is now empty.

The rest of the day was spent packing up the old apartment and moving it into the new one. The biggest challenge was moving the tv. It's not like I'm going to need it anyway because I won't have cable but I felt obligated to do so since I traded Logan a pair of maroon 990s for it.

Just a few pairs of my shoes in the new apartment. Notice how ghetto the base of the refridgerator looks.

No comments: