Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Watching Other People Run

Time: 59:03
Distance: 8.80 miles

Update: I got out the door for a solid run this morning despite the freezing temps described below. I ran on the loop from a few days ago which goes south on Jenkins and back past Scotty D's house. Not too much to report. I was running up Pickard and spotted a house that had frozen grass and I figured the dumb ass owner decided to water last night. There were icicles all over the place, the roundabout was iced over and part of the street was too. I stopped to snap a photo and Steve Calonkey (the son of my new slumlord) was at the light wondering why I was, (a) taking a photo, (b) was out running, or (c) was talking to myself.

It didn't rain last night. This guy just decided to water his lawn when it was 10 degrees. Moron!

Splits: 7:21, 6:54, 6:28, 6:29, 6:48, 6:46, 6:38, 6:27, 5:08 (.80 miles or 6:28 pace).

It's currently sunny out and 19 degrees. Great weather for a run, except for the 17 mph wind that accuweather.com tells me. Take 19 degrees and toss on a 17 mph breeze and you get a real feel of -1. Brutal. I'll get out there shortly. Maybe.

Instead of running, I've been watching other people run on the information super highway. I just watched Marty Fagan and some of the McMillan Elite athletes complete a pretty solid 5 x 1.1 mile loop. In typical Fagan fashion he controlled most of the workout from the front. I remember watching him run workouts on the Brown track and out at Goddard Park in Rhody, and watching him race during his days at Providence College. Great collegiate runner and someone who has had great success recently with a top finish at the Manchester Road Race. The video also shows my old buddy Celedonio "Cele" Rodriguez from my home town of Santa Rosa, CA. He's the little Mexican dude that is tucked in the pack during most of the workout.

Visit Flotrack.org For More Videos


2 comments:

Coste said...

Hmmm, weird. It looks like the camera just kept missing me and my 4:28 mile splits.

Jilane said...

That ish better clear up by Friday...

I refuse to look at the forecast out of fear.