Thursday, December 11, 2008

This Run Needs a Clever/Standard Name

Time: 53:43
Distance: 8.80-8.85 miles
Pace: ~6:10 (estimated)

The two most recent times I've measure this run with the Garmin it has varied in distance. So much for the accuracy! Garmin can only get within .05? Terrible. Anyway, this morning I woke up extra early (5:20 am) for some reason, probably because I'm dehydrated or something. I packed up some stuff and drank coffee to hydrate properly. When I got out the door I was ready to run for a few reasons (a) I was wearing Oxysocks, (ii) I had been up for 2 hours already, (3) it was cold but not windy. I pushed the pace early on and felt relaxed running down Jenkins and past Scotty's house. I clipped off a 5:40 mile running north on Pickard and even though I backed off the final few miles I could tell the pace was honest. I'm not sure what I'll be able to run this weekend but I'm hoping to run a good first leg and finish the 20 miler strong (more on that later).

No comments: