Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Not So Bad

Time: 46:31
Distance: 7 miles

I woke up a little later than expected because someone didn't give me a wake up call this morning. I heard the wind blowing and checked the weather which confirmed my suspicion of it being nasty out. I was hesitant to leave the house but when I did my mental state was prepared for the worst. There were thoughts of running on the treadmill, but I didn't want to pull a DeCoste this early in December. I took a spin through campus and ran past Norman High School before dropping in on the new apartment. The running wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. At one point I even took off my cap for a few minutes because I was warm, it must have been the Jilane like hot flashes. I needed to hurry home and the 25 mph wind at my back the final 2.5 miles helped the cause. Had I known the weather wasn't too miserable I would have got out the door earlier and run a bit longer.

1 comment:

Meagan Nedlo said...

i'll do better tomorrow, i promise.