Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dead Presidents

Time: 67:01
Distance: 10.58 miles
Pace: 6:20

I got back on an old loop that I used to run quite a bit last fall and winter. Owen has had the luxury of running on the loop and he is also partially responsible for the route's name. The loop gets it's name from all of the elementary schools you go by which are named after... yup, you guessed it... dead presidents.

I wanted to get in a bit of a better effort this morning since I would only be running once. Tonight some of the OK Runner crew is going out to eat at Gaijin Sushi I will be spending time drinking Asahi and eating Psycha-D rolls instead of putting in mileage. I'll take the latter choice any day. Back to the run, I started comfortably and felt really good because I went to bed embarrassingly early. Maybe I should do that more often, probably not going to happen. I was listening to some tunes but was also getting bored so I put a few calls out to mis amigos. I rang O-burn to see if he was still alive, he didn't answer so I figured he was surely dead. I called Meagan but she didn't answer either. As a last resort I gave Tom McArdle a ring. Surprisingly, he answered despite my call waking his lazy ass up. I guess that if you're not getting up to run, there is no real point in waking up and we all know Tom McArdle rarely runs.

The chat was good but then it ended a little abruptly. I think it went something like:
Tom: Okay, I gotta go, I'm freezing.
Jordan: Why? You're at home.
T: I know, but I'm standing here naked. I need to shower.
J: Thanks for that.
T: (laughs) Yea, okay. I'll call you back.
J: (hangs up and proceeds to puke violently)


The pace was feeling comfortable around the 40 minute mark and I was wanted to press. Meagan gave me a call from an event she was working and we got to chat for a few minutes. The splits show how I roll: 7:24, 6:56, 6:41, 6:47, 6:39, 6:14, 6:02, 5:50, 5:44, 5:35, 3:03 (.58 miles or 5:15 pace).

No comments: