Monday, December 15, 2008

Katy Trail Jog

Time: 60:15
Distance: 8.5 miles (estimated)

Scotty D, Meagan and I got out the door and headed to the start of the Katy Trail that is right by the American Airlines Center. We ran out for about 30 minutes and made it back a bit quicker. I believe this is the spot that Keith Kelly was limited to running on during The Running Event in Dallas a month ago or so. Yesterday the temps were in the upper 70s and it was really windy. Today the temps were in the upper teens to low twenties and it was still windy. When you have 50 degree +/- change in temps according to Brian Hanley, "it's some end of world shit." I couldn't agree more. Luckily the Katy Trail was somewhat protected and it wasn't too miserable. The pace was easy and my legs didn't feel nearly as bad as I thought they would. Post run we headed to Cafe Brazil for some Holiday Pancakes that were enjoyed by me and Dizzle while Meagan had the grilled cheese sammich.

After driving back to Norman in the afternoon/evening my legs really tightened up and they are sore to the touch. I'm not doubling this evening and will continue to be sore for a few days this week.

No comments: