Saturday, December 13, 2008

Norman Romp

Time: 51:49
Distance: 7 miles

The 2008 McNellie's Pub Run chanp & a $125 Chimay Grand Reserve Jeroboam

Woke up expecting to feel much worse after a brilliant evening out with the crew up in OKC. We ran through the $450 tab slowing but surely and tasted some great brews. I especially liked the Chimay Grand Reserve and the Koningshoeven Tripel. The run this morning took Meagan and I through the quiet Saturday streets of Norman. We ran past Norman High School and it appeared that there was going to be some sort of holiday parade. I must not have received the memo.

Oklahomans are all about sharing the wealth.

Today we are heading down to the big D for the White Rock Marathon 5-person Relay. The team is composed of myself (J), Scotty (S), Jerry (J), Meagan (M) and Jilane (J) and when our powers combined we form Team JJJSM aka Team OK Runner Elite. It is our hope to run faster than 2:25-2:26 which is roughly 5:34s. Pretty quick. I'm leading off with a 6 mile leg and then I'm going to run with Jilane on her 4 mile leg and Meagan on her 5 mile leg. If they hold 6 minute miles then I'll be at 15 miles around 85 minutes. Scotty runs the 4th leg which is 5 miles and I'm going to race him over the distance. His foot is pretty banged up still, but I'll be covering miles 15-20. If all goes well, I'll have run 20 miles in about 1:51-1:52. We'll see what happens.

Getting ready to race with a strawberry shake from Chik-fil-a

1 comment:

Jilane said...

auto-posting to facebook via phone has to be the best/worst thing to ever happen. however, way to give photo credit where it's due, a-hole.

just kidding. miss you already, wanker.