Wednesday, December 17, 2008

North Base Romp

Time: 82:11
Distance: 12 miles (estimated)

I met up with Hollingsworth and Stephen Pyle this morning along Brooks for a romp through Norman. We ran up to North Base for a few extra minutes of relatively wind-free running. It was cold and I sported my HVAC Seamless L/S aka "ol' 98er" piece for the first time. It was quite warm and 10 minutes in I had to untuck to cool off a bit. I was also wearing an old Brooks jacket from the fall season of '06. It's probably my favorite running jacket I've ever worn and I would have no qualms with it except now that I live in Sooner country, the OSU orange flavor is its only flaw.

The loops around North Base were alright and the pace was quite gentle. I needed it for the first part of the run as my legs are still feeling a bit tender from the effort on Sunday. We dropped Mr. Pyle off at his pad along Hwy Symmes and continued on to Pickard. Holly wanted to pick up the pace a bit so I obliged and we started clipping along. My stride feels much smoother at sub 6:30s than it does at any other pace. I finally started getting cold running into the wind the last 10-15 minutes. It didn't help that I opted to wear pants and my legs had become a little sweaty and now they were getting cold. I was pleased at how the body was feeling by the end of the 80 minutes of running, but I was ready to hit the showers.

No comments: