Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Run-Eat-Run

Part I Time: 11:55
Part I Distance: 1.70 miles
Part I Pace: 7:02

Part II Time: 35:11
Part II Distance: 4.97 miles
Part II Pace: 7:05

This run was done in two parts with a large dinner break in between. I left the store around 7:00 pm and headed over I-35 (or "the I-35" if I lived in SoCal) to Taco Cabana for this night's breadsticking gathering. Tonight was a sad one because it was the last group breadsticking for awhile. There were lots of chips and bowls of salsa accompanied by plates of poorly assembled and tasting Mexican food. I front-loaded the evening and hung out for about 20 minutes before putting the jacket back on and starting the watch for Part II.

The second portion of the run was what I'd describe as "heavy." I put a call out to Meagan who is visiting Jeff on her unofficial/official recruiting trip to Queens University. They were milling around his apartment watching terrible VH1 reality shows. I talked with Jeff about the benefits of running on a full stomach. He couldn't come up with any, but I reminded him of Erik Watz' mom, Susan, who recommended for you to "train heavy, race light." The guys on the Brown team never were really sure what was meant by that comment, then again she is the same woman who threw a head of lettuce in a bowl and called it salad (maybe it was macaroni like Yankee Doodle Dandy). I made it home without any troubles, called it a night and watched the boob tube.

3 comments:

Owen said...

Tell me if I have this correct: your run today included 12 quality minutes to get dinner; eating in sweaty clothes (oh wait, you probably didn't even sweat on the way over there, because 12 minutes on the way to dinner isn't a run); running immediately after Taco Cabana; and talking on the phone during the only even remotely legitimate part of your run. Is that correct?

What Is Wrong With Jordan Kinley?

Unknown said...

I don't need your negativity around here. If you want to make fun of someone's training visit whatiswrongwithtommcardle.blogspot.com. You should try chatting on the old dog and bone while running. You kill two squirrels with one brick...or something like that.

Tarpy said...

watz'z mom references kill. spit roast?