Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Brookhaven Night Run

Time: 55:30
Distance: 7.75 miles (estimated)

Tonight I ran solo through the dark streets of Brookhaven. I left the store a few clicks before 7:00 pm and it was cold, much colder than the 27 degrees Gus' truck told me post-run. I ran out and down the hill on Rock Creek and then continued out to 72nd street which is roughly 4 miles. I clocked a couple of the miles on the way back along the gridded stretch and hit 6:43 and 6:31. I'm pleased with those splits considering the conditions and having a hard time judging pace in the dark. The spin back through the neighborhood was fine but I started getting cold and had thoughts that perhaps I should have worn pants. The Brooks HVAC shorts did me well for the first 45 minutes and then things started cooling off, if you know what I mean.

No comments: