Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How Does DeCoste Do This?

Time: 30:20
Distance: 4.25 miles

I was listening to the news this morning and the weather man was hogging the entire show. All he could talk about was the "freezing drizzle" that was falling on the streets of Oklahoma. He had the brilliant suggestions of driving slowly, leaving earlier and giving more space between cars. Thanks dude. When I looked outside my window I couldn't see any of this alleged "freezing drizzle" so I put my cold weather costume on and proceeded outdoors. I made it 15 seconds across the parking lot before deciding the ever so thin layer of ice wasn't great footing. I was a little pissed because despite it being 18 degrees outside it wasn't windy. The conditions were nearly perfect and I was excited to run on the Norman's 'crete.

I quickly ran upstairs, grabbed my gym key and sought a treadmill. There was one other dude in the gym but he was wanging out on the elliptical so I had free reign on the t'mills. I was still wearing long tights over half-tights so I heated up pretty but it didn't matter. I couldn't last more than 30 minutes. It was terribly boring. It didn't help that I had seen most of the SportsCenter from the night before. I kept wanting to jump off and finally did once the big red letters showed my time was up.

No comments: