Sunday, December 7, 2008

Duck Pond Crew

Time: 91:02
Distance: 13.33 miles
Pace: 6:50

I took charge for this morning's run and rounded up Norman's finest for a spin through Sutton Woods. I invited a group of runners to join and I was pleased with the turnout. The group included Jerry Faulkner, Adam Cohen, David "Carrot Top" Wrenn, Cole Crosby, Andres Gonzalez, Stephen Pyle, Josh Heimbach and Andrea Larabee/Jenny Graef (kinda). Noticeably absent from the run was Scotty D, but that is a tale for him to share. We started just after 8 am and headed over to the softer surface for a few loops. I wasn't too concerned with the pace given the excessive celebrating that took place last night at Logan's. In case you live under a stump, OU won the Big 12 Championship in typical fashion by becoming the first team to ever score 60+ points in 5 straight games. Our defense might be decent but the offense is unstoppable. Sam Bradford took control and never looked back. Speaking of Sams and continuing to ramble, I made a new friend last night by the name of Sam and he was sure to supply the tequila shots. They weren't Patron shots, but after a certain point it doesn't really matter. The splits on the run go a little something like this: 7:58, 7:26, 7:31, 7:16, 7:17, 6:20 (I was catching up because I had to pee), 6:37, 6:40, 6:26, 6:21, 6:24, 6:17, 6:15, 2:09 (.33 miles).

There was a good buzz this morning. It was great that those who came were just as eager to run with others as much as I. I miss the days of running along the Blackstone Blvd in Providence with a group of 20, clipping off the miles and taking control of the roads for an hour during the afternoon. This run doesn't compare to the Brown days, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

No comments: