Thursday, December 18, 2008

Foggy Norman Mornin'

Time: 90:04
Distance: 13+ miles

It was still dark out at 7:00 am and I wasn't ready to run by 7:20 so I had to start dreaming up ideas of getting to work on time and putting in a decent run. I was going to have to take the bus this morning which meant the latest finish time could be 8:30 am. That didn't leave me with a lot of running so I figured I would just run to work and take a bath in our sink. It worked out perfectly as I was able to change into the clothes I had in my bag that I left in the office last night.

The run was pretty boring but I enjoyed the foggy morning here in Norman. It reminded me of San Fran without the hills and smell of the ocean, so basically it was nothing like Nor*Cal. Once I got to the store around 48 minutes I tossed my bottle and hat, and headed back out through Brookhaven. I pounded down the hill on Rock Creek to Stoops' neighborhood and ran three circuits around the .85 mile loop before heading back. I was a little sluggish the final 15 minutes, but overall my legs felt much refreshed. I have few lingering effects from the long effort on Sunday and think that by tomorrow the tenderness will be gone. Maybe I need a massage, maybe not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now this is the type of living I can get behind. Is it okay if I finish up my run tomorrow at the shop and use the sink? If you could also program the coffee maker so there's a hot cup for me when I'm done that would be appreciated as well.
-the d