Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fleet Feet Carrboro Marathon Group

Time: 86:18
Distance: 11.13 miles
Pace: 7:45
Map

After my big workout yesterday I jumped in the car and headed out to the Carrboro/Chapel Hill area. I was lucky enough to stay with Sarah Swiss, the Brooks Guru/Tech Rep in the area. The reason for the visit was this morning's hydration clinic at Fleet Feet Carrboro. I chatted with a marathon and half-marathon training group at 7:00. Since I was up and only slightly dehydrated from the previous evening's festivities, I put in a few miles with the group's members.

We ran a comfortable pace that ended up being a tad quicker than I would have thought. In the end we averaged 7:45 pace and I got chat with a couple of local runners and students. It was highly enjoyable and a good way to connect and hear about the local scene.

After the workout I spent about an hour at Weaver Street Market where I blogged, drank coffee and talked more with other members of the training group. The stores in the area weren't open so it gave me the perfect excuse to just hang out on a Saturday morning. Even though I'm new to North Carolina and I love Charlotte, I think Carrboro would be a pretty cool spot to reside.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i would live in carrboro or asheville...we could start a running club there.