Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week in Review

Time: 762:08
Distance: 107.49 miles

This has to be one of my best weeks of training this year, but not simply for the number of miles that I put in. The general rule of thumb is not to increase both the quality and quantity of your running in the same week. Whatever man. I did just that and hope to reap the rewards for my efforts.

The week had two quality workouts on Tuesday and Friday. The hills were nice to recruit some strength from the muscles. And the track workout was, at the very least, a mental barrier overcome as I ran 46 minutes at 5:00 pace. During the middle of the week there was an unscheduled workout where I helped out Caitlin and Pezz too. The week finished with a solid long run at McAlpine with Nick at a quicker pace.

Where does this put me? We'll see as the goal is to run Greekfest under 15:00 minutes with or without competition.

No comments: