Monday, August 16, 2010

Focused on Training

Time: 34:56
Distance: 5.32 miles
Pace: 6:34
Map

The pace on this run was a tad fast today but that was partially due to the fact that I was wearing my Karhu Racers. For whatever reason I felt the need to throw on a pair of really light shoes for this evening's run. I just ran my short loop through Freedom Park and tossed 4 x 20 second pickups with 40 seconds rest at the end. I was running really efficiently and fluid coming out of the park on my way home. Most of the time I like training in heavy shoes because making the transition to flats creates the sensation of feeling so light. Other times I it's enjoyable to put on a pair of flats and go out on an easy jog as it brings some life back to tired legs.

Splits:
7:17, 6:40, 6:33, 5:55, 6:28

No comments: