Sunday, August 29, 2010

Week in Review

Time: 663:34
Distance: 94.05 miles

Another week of training is in the books and the end of summer is right around the corner. I hope we see some cooler fall temperatures by the end of September. The training this week was geared toward running fast at Greek Fest. Unfortunately, the race didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but I still got in a good effort. I think many of the pieces to the puzzle are there for me to run fast, now I just need to hop in a good race and find some solid competition. It's a little up in the air right now with Meagan's foot, but we are scheduled to make a trip up to Providence, RI for the CVS Downtown 5k. It's the race where two years ago I ran 14:43 on the roads which also happens to be my PR. Last year I was 14:59 or 15:00 depending on who you ask.

I had a good track session early in the week when I hit up PDS early in the morning with some other members of the Charlotte Running Club. I would also have to say my long run was a big success as it was coming after a race and the distance was up there. I'll be ready to transition to marathon training when the time is right. A few weeks left of summer and the 5k, time to get in a good race before the month is up.

No comments: