Friday, August 13, 2010

What Lake?

Time: 29:45
Distance: 4.01 miles
Pace: 7:25
Map

Last night I stayed at Meagan's best friend's parents' house in Woodstock, GA. It's the 'burbs outside of Atlanta which means traffic, traffic, traffic. I got up and jogged around her neighborhood and then along a busy road with no sidewalk. Everyone was making the commute into work and I felt like wrapping things up. I found myself motivated to run only four miles this morning. I also found dozens of signs that said Towne Lake Village this and Towne Lake Parkway that or Towne Lake Shopping Center. I never found Towne Lake. Seems like a bit of false advertising if you asked me Woodstock.

A bit later in the morning I drove over to the Cobb Galleria where the Atlanta Shoe Show was taking place. I wasn't all that familiar with such trade shows, but to share more it's basically a giant convention center hall full of shoes. Athletic shoes. Dress shoes. Hooker shoes. Sandals. Clogs. I'm not kidding about the hooker shoes either as the Playboy branded collection had its own booth. Speaking of hookers, Paris Hilton's line of shoes was represented. It was an interesting morning and I took some quick notes on which brands were currently hot. Hint, it was not Ms. Hilton's.

I spent some time at the Doctor Specified booth (socks that are housed under the same roof as Balega) and the Orthaheel booth. It was good seeing people drop by to check out the lines while I was there. I think it was worth while for both brands to be in attendance. I wrapped things up at the shoe show and headed back to Charlotte with a quick stop in Greenville, SC.

No comments: