Sunday, August 8, 2010

McAlpine with CRC and Athleticore

Time: 115:16
Distance: 17.01 miles
Pace: 6:46
Map

I had a busy social calendar last night post run. It started at Duckworth's on Park Road with Scott Simmons birthday celebration. It soon moved to Uptown for the Presby Crit. I was much impressed with the cornering of those pros. I couldn't imagine taking those turns so sharp especially when the sun went down. The night ended at an art show in Plaza Midwood where they were kicking off the "Let the Good Times Roll." I had never been to Twenty-Two Gallery and I will have to go back. Meagan, Jenna and I strolled in and immediately noticed we didn't have enough tattoos or piercings. I ended up purchasing two skateboard decks that I won't received until the end of the month. I will post pics then.

Due to the late night I was not going to be up early and at McAlpine to meet the Charlotte Running Club group at 6:30 am. Instead the three of us from last night met at Boyce about an hour later. We jumped in the group of about 10 for some miles through McAlpine.

I peeled off near the 5 mile mark to meet up with Mr. Athleticore who this week had to quell the complaints of many local athletes. Nick escaped a tarring and feathering and wasn't burned at the stake because he was able to recover all the lost data. It was good hearing about the fiasco and running 12 miles at a quicker tempo. We stopped every 20 minutes or so to drink some water stashed at the stage. I think this definitely helped me recover quicker later in the afternoon.

Splits:
8:35, 7:04, 7:12, 7:06, 7:11,
6:37, 6:44, 6:23, 6:20, 6:33,
6:43, 6:22, 6:39, 6:39, 6:27,
6:19, 6:19

No comments: