Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Must See TV

I'm in the process of updating my training and now I'm "only" about a week behind. However I'm easily distracted and I have been catching up on all things running. I wasn't able to visit FloTrack or Letsrun for about a week. I fell behind on what was going on in the world of athletics. I wanted to post two interesting videos that you may or may not have watched on FloTrack. I think they are a must see. First up is Team Cook WOW (WorkOut Weds) from The Netherlands. It's a tad long but well worth the 15 minutes because it shows how hard professional athletes train.

Track and Field Videos on Flotrack


The workout's length and speed make Leo capable of running a 3:50 mile and have turned David into a 1:45 800 meter guy. But it's the post-workout hurdle drills and weights that are allowing these guys to compete on the world level. It's no wonder that these two can mix it up with the Kenyans and Ethiopians.


I like the second video because it shows some of the personalities of the Kenyan athletes. Mark Kiptoo, a 12:53 5k guy prepares tea that would haunt any American dietitian/nutritionist. I appreciate Ryan Fenton's window into the post-training world of Kenyan athletes. Much of the time all you see is a pack of Africans running at the front of Diamond League events and you're never really able to identify with them. In recent years, there have been more projects to bring running aficionados into the training circles of the East Africans. ChasingKimbia was brilliant a couple of years ago and FloTrack has done other coverages to include the lives of world beaters. What's cool about this video is how it shows a group at home relaxing and recovering from their morning of training.

Track and Field Videos on Flotrack


In order for track to be popular in the US, American will need to identify with the front runners and this clip does that somewhat.

I hope you enjoy the videos.

No comments: