Monday, August 30, 2010

Slow Solo Start

Time: 56:54
Distance: 8.56 miles
Pace: 6:38
Map

I didn't have any big time motivation to get out the door this morning now that Meagan's foot is banged up. She is the one that usually forces me to pound the pavement earlier than I would like. Instead I drank a few cups of coffee, wrote emails, planned out the rest of the day and then went running. I put in about an hour before coming home to get on with the day. The body is definitely feeling a little sluggish considering the big time miles over the weekend. I'll be sure to get lots of rest so that I'm not risking joining Meagan in the injury reserve.

It might not have been the best decision, but the schedule called for some strides at the end of the run. I did 4 x 20 second pickups starting around the 7 mile mark. It takes all of 4 minutes and my hope was to feel a bit looser at the end. I think that was the case as I got rolling pretty good on a couple of the strides.

No comments: