Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hydro Clinic and Strides

Time: 28:38
Distance: 4.01 miles
Pace: 7:08
Map

This evening I gave a hydration clinic at Run For Your Life - Piper Glen. It was a relatively small group but were content to listen. I was able to provide taste test samples of Nuun for those who wanted them too. While I was talking it poured rain, but luckily I took enough time that when I was finished so was the storm. During the run I heard thunder off in the distance but paid it no mind. It was incredibly humid as a result and the asphalt on the bike path didn't provide any relief. I just ran two miles out and back on the greenway near the store.

When I returned to the end point I stretched a bit before doing some strides. I had forgotten the specifics of the workout but I opted for something like 4 x 100 medium paced, 4 x 50 from a standing start a bit quicker and 4 x 100 medium/hard. I was thoroughly drenched with sweat once I was done, but ready to get home and drink a few pints since I had just explained the proper way to stay hydrated during the summer in Charlotte.

No comments: