Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fleet Feet Inc.

Time: 30:04
Distance: 4.13 miles
Pace: 7:17
Map

This morning's run started and ended from Tom Raynor's house which is kind of a big deal. Tom Raynor is the Chairman and CEO of Fleet Feet Inc. and an old pal of my boss Paul Perrone. It wasn't a planned stay but during our conversation over drinks he asked what hotel we were staying at. We explained that we hadn't picked one yet and that's when Mr. Raynor offered his downstairs. I liked his thinking that there was no need to waste money on a hotel and we politely accepted. I had met Tom once before and I'm sure he didn't remember me, but hopefully now I can say hi in the future.

The run was just out and back along a country highway. It definitely wasn't the safest place to be running at 7:00 am but I was certain to stay way off on the shoulder so that I wouldn't be crushed by a crazed commuter. How's that for alliteration.

The rest of the day was spent visiting stores. We worked our way back from Chapel Hill through Greensboro, Winston-Salem and finally ended in Hickory where Balega is located. The dinner was fantastic at Youssef's as I went with the steak frites.

No comments: