Monday, August 2, 2010

Solo Medium Loop

Time: 57:09
Distance: 8.59 miles
Pace: 6:39
Map

I forget why I ran a bit later in the morning and not with Meagan. But, by looking at the average pace I can tell that I was feeling good. After this weekend's long run, I'm looking to continue with some good efforts this week in preparation for the Blue Points 5k.

I do remember coming in from the run and grabbing a towel, my sandals, phone and aqua jogger belt. I went down to the pool where I actually stretched, did core and threw in a couple push ups for good measure. I even got in the pool to shake out the legs. If you know me, you know that I'm not a big fan of pools or lakes. Oceans are okay. Meagan's coach is big on recovery time being spent in the pool. I'm not sure if there is any science behind it, but Scott Simmons believes that the pressure from being in the pool (legs under water) speeds recovery. Sounds like a bit much if you ask me, but I do know that it certainly doesn't impair one's training. I cooled off with about 5-10 minutes in the drink before getting on with my day.

No comments: