Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week in Review

Time: 688:42
Distance: 96.32 miles

Man, how did that happen? Oh yea. I usually don't total my miles until a few days after Sunday and sometimes I get a little carried away. However, I figure if I don't mentally know that I'm at 42 or 57 that I'll be able to hang tough. I good awareness of where my body is at and if I'm feeling good, I'll join up for a run or go longer than I'm supposed to. If the body needs some rest, then I'll back off to allow for recovery. I guess if I hit the schedule week in and week out the most running possible would be whatever the piece of paper says. As soon as something comes up and you miss a run, you're frantically trying to figure out a way to make up those extra miles. So this week I'm 96, maybe next week I'm 74 and the following is 72. It all evens out. My coach Jeff is probably rolling his eyes at this point, but I think it all comes back to how one feels on the day.

I was pleased with the cutdown on Saturday, though I wish the final two miles were quicker. Also, the workout on Tuesday where I cut shapes was very solid. I am starting to feel relaxed running in the 4:30 pace range so I hope that I'll be able to open the first mile of a 5k a bit quicker in the next couple of races. I got in a respectable long run to finish out the week with a new training partner who will be key this fall.

No comments: