Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Downtown Austin to TGA HQ

Time: 53:57
Distance: 11.82k
Pace: 4:34/k
Map

I arrived in ATX and got a ride from a dreadlock'd cabbie who wanted to tell me all about the world. He started in on the Christmas tree growers who let their product burn in the hot Texas summer. "Get some irrigation, it's your livelihood, man!" Next he started in on the female role model population which included the Kardashians, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. He had some other good ones that provided me with some chuckles during the drive into downtown Austin.

I got situated at the hotel and linked up with Meagan who had been in Texas since Monday. We made some early preparations for The Running Event before meeting up with some of her former colleagues at Brooks for a run along Town Lake. About 6 of us started out along the crushed gravel path running easy with hoards of others. I came to the realization that I could run over to TGA HQ and visit with my former team of reps.

I dropped in on a meeting with FuelBelt (great stuff coming out soon) and got to meet the growing TGA crew. Toward the end of the meeting, I peaced out and ran back to the hotel at a good clip. I needed to be back to clean up and head off to the Balega happy hour. This was the start of a fun and busy week of mingling with friends/store owners from my old and new territories.

No comments: