Monday, December 5, 2011

Night on the Neck

Time: 50:28
Distance: 11.35k
Pace: 4:27
Map

I was back in Marblehead this evening for a night run around the neck. The weather has been really mild this fall so I've tried to take advantage of clear streets knowing it's going to get ugly. Even when the motivation is low, getting out on a crisp night will be better now than slogging through slush come winter.

My legs were feeling pretty good as I looped the neck as the only individual on two feet. In the morning there are lots of walkers and joggers, but at night it's always quiet. I'm not sure which I like better, knowing you're out the door when others aren't, or partaking in a morning fitness ritual. I came back to the house and opted to run four strides along the water to open the stride up. On the second effort, with the wind at my back, I may have gotten a little too aggressive. I felt a slight twinge in my right hamstring and it tightened up a bit. It wasn't painful, but I noticed. I made sure not to stretch too much afterwards so as to not irritate it more.

No comments: