Thursday, December 8, 2011

Run with Matena

Time: 80:30
Distance: 18.89k
Pace: 4:16/k
Map

With a busy day on the docket, Dan Matena (the new Jordan Kinley) and I met up for a run around Town Lake. I first did a short out and back with Meagan and her friend Allison while I waited for 7:30 AM to arrive. It was much colder than I expected it being this time of year in Texas. It was colder in ATX than it was in Boston which is saying something especially this time of the year.

Dan and I chatted about work and what would take place during The Running Event. There is so much going on that it's often difficult to grab the attention of accounts to show specific products or show specials. The pace was clipping along but the vibe was right as many others were out this morning. It's difficult to not partake in a "jogger war" with someone who runs up on you or that you see in the distance. Dan and I ran about an hour together before he turned for his hotel.

I continued on and completed a second loop around Town Lake before calling it a day. Meagan and I had to finish setting up the Karhu and Craft booth, visit Luke's Locker, grab lunch at the flagship Whole Foods and be ready to impress the CEO upon his arrival.

No comments: