Thursday, December 15, 2011

Running with the Boys from Rhode Runner

Time: 82:27
Distance: 19.25k
Pace: 4:17/k
Map

This morning I met up with Alan and Pat who both work at Rhode Runner. I met Alan at the store the first time I visited upon taking my new job. We raced against one another at the Newburyport Half Marathon later that weekend. I knew Pat a bit from racing in college. He went to Providence College and we would occasionally compete against one another in cross country. Pat would be up with the leaders while I would be struggling in the middle of the pack.

We all joined up down at the Brown Stadium and began running through the neighborhoods. I let Alan give me a tour of the streets I used to run frequently and the only major change is down by India Point. It was good to be out the door with two other guys of comparable abilities chatting about local races, Craft and Karhu, club teams and friends we know through the sport.

I never felt fantastic at any point as my quads have been tired for about a week. I held my own despite wanting to fall back on a couple of the long climbs back up to College Hill. The rain held off making for an ideal training day in the middle of December. It will be good to come back and run with the guys soon.  It should also be noted that I think Alan is turning over to the dark side of running in kilometers. At least I hope so. One down, 300 million+ to go.

No comments: