Friday, December 23, 2011

Going Back to Cali

Time: 87:57
Distance: 19.63k
Pace: 4:29
Map

I got out the door a little ahead of Meagan this morning to run my own pace. Sometimes I have to run solo to stretch the legs out. The roads were filled with puddles from the overnight, but it wasn't bad while I was out. I was rocking a Gore-Tex shell which is a must for cold wet runs and I wish I had one while in college.

My loop brought me around the neck with the little "lollipop" add on on the first circuit. As I was about halfway done with the second circuit and getting ready to run back to the house, I spotted Meagan finishing up her first loop. I slowed to run with her and opted to run a third loop around the neck. It added another 3.6k to the run, but I'll take it as we can only run once today.

This evening we are flying to the west coast to spend Christmas with my family. It will be good to run back in Annadel and see friends and family in California. With only 3 weeks left until the Trials it will provide Meagan with some ideal training grounds too.

No comments: