Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wicked Early for a Run

Time: ~50:50
Distance: ~11.40k
Pace: ~4:30
Map

I had the bright (actually dark) idea of getting up at 4:00 AM and getting out the door for a run before catching my flight to Texas. I, fortunately, was in bed relatively early to grab 6-7 hours of sleep before getting up to drink some coffee and shuffle out the door. The streets were incredibly quiet and damp from a light steady drizzle. It wasn't too cold which made for some pretty nice conditions running around the neck for the third day in a row.

There were actually a couple other people out getting in some distance and I scared one woman as I greeted her with a "good morning." I never understand how people can be startled by words when they should be able to hear footsteps coming from several hundred meters back. It's probably not a good thing when you get frightened by someone running by with benign intentions for there are others out there who will surely have devious intents.

I got back to the house and was in a hurry to get out the door. I needed to fill up Meagan's gas tank, find parking near the airport, check a couple bags and make my flight. It was 6:20 AM when I was filling up the car and I pretty much had given up all hope of making the departure. I still hurried through rotaries and flew down the routes leading into Boston. I made it to the parking garage around 6:35 and still had a bag to check. I figured upon checking in the gate attendant would tell me to piss off for my 7:20 flight, but Jet Blue wasn't busy this morning and I was one of the last people on board destined for Texas.

My watch was bumped while taking off my jacket and caused some extra time and distance to be added. I have adjusted for that error.

No comments: