Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Breadsticking Run

Part I
Time: 23:00
Distance: 3.48 miles
Pace: 6:37

Wednesday nights are breadsticking nights and the venue for our outing was Cici's Pizza on Main St. After I shut things down at the store I grabbed the iPod, jacket and headlamp and headed out on the streets in search of pizza. I ran through the neighborhood south of the golf course on Robinson. The streets were dark but I've been enjoying the podcast of a radio station out of San Francicso that I grew up listening to. It's nothing like the Euro savvy mixes that Keith or Owen bang miles out to, but José Melendez pays homage to old school Bay Area artists during his spinnings.

Once at Cici's I took down roughly 12 greasy slices of pizza along with some cinnamon rolls and brownies. Cici's pizza is kind of like Tom McArdle, sloppy at best, but it was worth every bit of my $6.50. Great deal.

Part II
Time: 21:05
Distance: 2.92 miles
Pace: 7:13

Around 9 pm I left our breadsticking establishment and proceeded to roll home. Literally. I was pretty filled up but I was still able to run longer and faster than Tom would be able to. What is wrong with that guy? He never runs. I looks like there could be a good match up in January out in Boston between an Irishman and a fake Englishman. Oh the good ol' days.

Speaking of days, 3 days.