Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Road to Nowhere

Time: 100:55
Distance: 14.87
Pace: 6:47

I met up with Holly along Brooks St. for a bit of a long run. I had the day off and was able to run later than normal around 9:30 am. It was good stuff as the temps were creeping up from the 40s into the 70s. I still made a regrettable decision by wearing a light jacket during the run. The top two Pub Run finisher headed over to Scotty D.'s house and picked that fool up.

Our group of three went out on Garbage Loop south of Hwy 9 and past the Norman Police Department firing range. There was no action on the day, unfortunately. We spotted a private gravel road with an abandoned farm house and a collective decision was made to run down it. We had high hopes of the road linking up with the other side of Cedar Lane, but it wasn't meant to be. The road curved back past a pasture of Clydesdale horses which were kinda cool in a Budweiser drinking kind of way. I was quite alert at the time because I was certain some farmer was going to come tearing through a field in his rusty pickup wielding a shotgun from the window. Luckily that didn't happen while we trespassed on the road that eventually just ended in a field of hay.

The return trip back into town was nice as the wind was at our backs, but this is when the jacket became a mistake. We were clipping off some pretty decent miles by this point and since I hadn't intended on running so long I was getting tired. The Scotts and I departed ways at Brooks and Jenkins and that's all she wrote. My splits were:
7:55, 7:18, 6:57, 6:33, 7:28 (picked up Scotty's hobbling ass),
7:02, 7:00, 6:46, 6:55, 6:49,
6:26, 6:12, 6:11, 6:07, 5:13 (partial mile) for 100:55 total.

In the evening we headed up to "breadstick" at McNellie's and set a date for the Blowout $450 Tab Party. That's roughly 100 beers for all to enjoy on Friday, December 12 at 7 pm.

3 comments:

Meagan Nedlo said...

the attendance of team mj just raised the coolness factor of your party exponentially.

Jilane said...

I expect to see a new tattoo by that point, JSK.

Or... hold off, and I'll get one with you.

Either or.

Jilane said...

PS- I miss that road my the firing range/pastures. My fb pic was taken on a run there, in fact.