Sunday, November 30, 2008

White Rock Lake

Time: 73:55
Distance: 10.08 miles
Pace: 7:22

Meagan and I headed to White Rock Lake from our hotel in Frisco, Texas for a jog around the lake. It is said to be exactly 15km around and has been the training/race location for Dallas. In two weeks Team OK Runner Elite will toe the line with a 5-person relay team. Today was an opportunity to get a preview of the course for the big race coming up.

White Rock Lake with Dallas in the background

We hit some decent splits running between the bike path and the road that circles the lake. I'm looking at splits of: 7:44, 7:16, 6:57, 7:09, 7:02, 7:06, 7:06, 7:11, 8:48, 7:06. Not really sure what happened with that second to last mile, I think the Garmin was acting up because it was low on battery.

This was my first time running at The Rock (it's no Alcatraz, the real Rock) and I was surprised by some of the houses that surround the water. Huge. Like plantation huge. The only other notable feature of the run was that today was the first time in quite awhile since I've gotten rolled on by another runner during a training run. I didn't know how to handle it as some lanky dude floated by Meagan and I around mile 2. That just never happens. Ever. To make things worse, another dude did the same thing less than a mile later as he tried to reel in the first guy.

No comments: