Thursday, November 6, 2008

No Name Bugs Jilane

Time: 54:38
Distance: 8 miles

Scotty D and I met up at the track tonight around 6 pm for a run. My ears were just lowered over at Take 5 for Human Grooming so I was near by and Scotty is usually good for a jog. When I got to the track somebody was rolling out 400s and then I realized it was Sapp. Jessica Eldridge was at the track as well and she had just finished up some 500s. It was a great night for a run and an even better one for a workout. Chilly while standing, but warm when you got moving and, more importantly, no wind. Scotty and I ran down Jenkins, cut across by Lloyd Noble Center and then hit up the neighborhoods. I think the men's basketball team was competing in an exhibition game against the NW Dental School of Arkansas. I might be completely wrong, but there was action at the arena and that's the point.

Scotty and I finished back up at the track with some quicker laps in lane five. Our splits for the last three laps were 1:41, 1:37 and 1:37. Good stuff.

After the run we ended up at NY Pizza for a pitcher of Amber Bock. To our surprise Holly was there with a buddy and we got to talking about our strategy for McNellie's Pub Run. Basically we were discussing how to celebrate our victory and spend our tab.

2 comments:

Jilane said...

For some reason the lack of a title on this post really bothers me.

I have problems.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your blog....I suspect we cross paths from time to time because I run loops around Lloyd Noble most nights. That exhibition game traffic was not fun. Where are you able to run on a track? Norman High? Well, keep up the running and the posts.