Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Time: 85:03
Distance: 12 miles

After spending a leisurely morning around the Nedlo household it was time for a run before giving thanks. Meagan and I took a spin out on the country roads of Mt. Pleasant for about an hour. The loop we ran had been paved recently so the footing was good on the black asphalt. I was feeling pretty good after our quick trip to CVS for me to pick up a razor so I could get rid of the Jason Kidd Jr. Guido-stache.

I dropped Meagan back off at the house around 60 minutes and then I grabbed the iPhone for the remainder of the run. I get no service in the Nedlo house so it was my hope to put a few calls out to friends and family while finishing up on the roads. I called my mom, Craigga (to wish him happy birthday and tell him his ma's a slag), DeCoste, Jilane, my uncle Cedric, Owen during the extra time out there. I thought about calling Tom but he was too busy beating his brother in a pointless duel race. My man DeCoste was the only person to pick up the phone during the run. I chatted with him a bit about overpriced road races and told him to wish his family a great day. I spent Thanksgiving with he and his family along with DaWeeman back in '05. (DeCoste's pops is a pretty sick ping-pong/table tennis player despite his lack of mobility).

I was pretty discouraged from the lack of Thanksgiving entertainment on the run so I decided to start pushing the pace. I threw in a surge with about 1.5 miles to run and hammered it home. It felt good to finish up with a harder effort at the end of today's jaunt.

In news back home in Norman, it looks like my training partner Jerry Lang (aka Scotty D.) dominated a field at the local Turkey Trot. The field included the likes of 7th place finisher Carrot Top (aka David Wrenn) and second place finisher Batman (aka Bruce Wayne).

4 comments:

Coste said...

Jordan Kinley, 2005 Weymouth Dreamcatcher 5 Mile Road Race Champion. Hitter alert!

Unknown said...

I think that trophy still sits in the Brown locker room. It's the last trophy the program has won. Some runners, like Marty Fagan, take pride in winning the Manchester Road Race. Others, like myself, like to keep things local in the small towns of Mass. You know the home of the first Thanksgiving. I keep things real.

Anonymous said...

i gotta finishers medal in that one, its gotta count for something right?

Jilane said...

At some point you should document and post the road race trophy case @ the Lodge. It's impressive, JSK. Truly.