Friday, November 7, 2008

Running with Girls

Time: 35:32
Distance: 4 miles

I got off work a little early again today so I decided to go look at an apartment above Mr. Robert's Furniture on Main St. I one day aspire to be Mr. Robert because he owns a number of low priced apartments and houses in Norman. Basically, he's a slum lord and I respect that. Mr. Robert is Steve Calonkey's father who is a customer at OK Runner and often runs on the indoor track at night during the winter. Perhaps I will be living in one of his slums.

Anyway, I walked my way back to Campus Corner and enjoyed some coffee at Cafe Plaid before heading over to the track to meet Kristi for a jog. I put a call out to Owen on my walk and he was in a freezer at a liquor store buying booze for a Obama party. He told me I love running with girls and that's definitely true. There are people, like Tom, who claim running on rocky trails limits the speed at which one can run and therefore they won't get injured. However, the real reason why Tom runs solo on trails is because he's a loser and writes a terrible blog. I would rather run with people, have some good laughs and run slow, which makes girls good easy run training partners.

Kristi and I ran around campus south of Lindsey near the Lloyd Noble Center. I was telling her about the traffic last night and she informed me that it was actually the women who were playing. I believe the OU women are ranked #7 in the pre-season poll which means they should be pretty good this year. In fact, OU beat Western 132-36 last night. 132-36!!! Are you kidding me? That's a W by nearly 100 points.

No comments: