Friday, November 21, 2008

Cold Tempo

Time: 35:46
Distance: 6 miles

I got a call from Connor last night and he wanted to know if I would tag along on an 8k tempo run/time trial. I'm always up for a run, so why not? I was picked up at 7 am in the morning and we headed on over to the track along with Andres Gonzalez. It was quite cold on the track but at least the wind wasn't too real. The goal was to start out at 5:30s and cut down from there? It was too early for me to care and I'm too out of shape to get ambitious about working out.

I had a pathetic warm up of 8:25 around the track while the ESPN Game Day crew was putting down wires on the backstretch. I had a hard time feeling my face but I shouldn't be complaining because Tarpy and Owen have it colder than I. Connor was rocking out in some 1980s jazzercize capris that used to be his ma's. Pretty much this was a big deal.

Splits went as follow:
5:29, 5:24, 5:31, 5:29, 5:25 for 27:21 total.

Connor dropped at 4 miles because he has a "wu-wu." Andres fell back with 1200 to go. I finished solo since I'm a beast and can drop 5:30s. Huge fitness indicator. No cool down. No need.

No comments: