Thursday, November 13, 2008

Morning Nine

Time: 61:55
Distance: 8.79 miles
Pace: 7:02

I met up with Connor Wann this morning at the Lodge for a run through the streets of Norman. I first met Connor last year during the spring when I was trying to put together a relay team for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. He ran the lead off 10k leg for the OK Runner squad that took the victory by 20 minutes. Real competitive race, I know. Mr. Wann was a walk on for this year's cross-country team at OU that didn't fair so well at Big 12's. Did somebody say dfl?

Anyway, he wanted about 9 miles and so we ran through campus and ran on streets that I normally use during morning jaunts. The pace was easy and it was good to have company. He has since been released from the team, but he will continue doing workouts in hopes of dropping his 5k time. I think that the Downard/Kinley morning crew just picked up another athlete.

2 days.

No comments: