Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sutton Woods

Time: 62:48
Distance: 8 miles

In the morning I headed out the door and put in some time up at Sutton Woods. The streets were quiet and I was feeling good heading out to the 1.5 mile dirt trail. The quality of the dirt is above average these days since it's been awhile since it has rained. That will not be the case in a few weeks, so I have to take advantage now. On the return trip to the apartment I started feeling really and decided to throw in some final minutes of better running. I know the two mile mark and was just under 51 minutes (50:58) when I was crossing the street at Alameida and Ponca. The pace gradually dropped until 61 minutes when I thought about the conversation Craig and I were having yesterday about cadence/turnover. He asked if I knew what mine was when I was running fairly hard and I had no idea. He estimated it to be about 80 and I thought that would be about right. I know that when the Kips are running the marathon hovering around 5 minute pace or when they are blasting a 5k on the track 100 steps (single leg) is pretty legit. I was pleased when I rattled off 91 steps from 61-62 minutes during the run. Now if only my stride were 4 feet longer...

No comments: