Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Charging the Hill

Time: 65:37
Distance: 9.30 miles
Pace: 7:03

This afternoon/evening Scotty D. met me over at Brookhaven for a run. He worked as a substitute teacher for the day at Norman High managing a psychology class. I'll call it managing because I'm not sure if he teaches or lectures, but he did meet this guy's son. I picture his son being pretty squirly considering his father's response to an OU student about gun control included:

"I just want to point out that Kletter's 'easy access' to a vagina enables her to 'quickly and easily' have sex with 'as many random people' as she wants. Her possession of an unregistered vagina also equips her to work as a prostitute and spread venereal diseases. Let's hope Kletter is as responsible with her equipment as most gun owners are with theirs."

Anyway, our run took us down Rock Creek and out to the flats for a bit and then we returned to Bob Stoops' neighborhood for some easy hill running. There is a pleasant loop that is slowly being developed with million dollar homes (pretty crazy for Norman) and one revolution in roughly .88 miles or 1400 meters. Our splits for the 4 loops were:
5:50 (6:42 pace), 5:39 (6:28 pace), 5:25 (6:10 pace), 5:18 (6:02 pace).

I felt pretty good on the pickups and was happy how the pace dropped each time with little extra effort. My right hamstring loosened up over the course of the run and especially on the hills. I gave myself a bit of a massage upon getting back to the store.

No comments: